Creative Upcycled Woodwork Full Day
About this Event
Proudly brought to you by Community Matters!
In this workshop, The ReCreators will teach you about woodwork and how to safely use tools, and they will provide tips that will help you get started on your own creative project.
Spend the whole day making and creating with upcycled timber and get comfortable with power tools with our expert teacher. Projects you could make include:
- Mini table
- Plant stand
There will be a health and safety briefing at the start of the workshop to inform participants of safety precautions before we begin using tools.
Tools that will be covered in this workshop are a jigsaw, a power drill, and a sander.
* All participants must wear covered shoes and non-flowing clothing (tight-ish!). Some work may be outdoors; please wear a sun hat and sunscreen if outdoors.
* Please note that children are not able to attend with parents due to health and safety requirements.
* Please bring your own water bottle, snacks, and lunch.
Please note that you need to arrive at this workshop for the beginning of class and the health and safety briefing to be able to take part in the rest of the class.
The workshop will provide the following:
- Health and Safety Briefing
- Step-by-step use of all tools
- Where to extend yourself for Tools 102
- Personal attention where required
The ReCreators are on a mission to show the world how to reduce and reuse our natural resources. It’s easy, fun, creative, and sustainable. Join us on our journey.
Places are limited, so book your place NOW. Don’t miss out!
We have three on-site carparks available for your convenience. Additionally, on-street parking surrounds the venue, and the Massey Leisure Centre is situated across the road. To ensure good neighbourly relations, kindly refrain from parking in spaces designated for our neighbours.
This workshop will also take place on another date (23 March 2024, 10 am – 3 pm).