Intro to Rongoā Māori Medicine
About this Event
Languages: English, Te Reo Māori
An introduction to Rongoā: Māori Medicine and Healing.
This course provides an introduction to Māori medicine and healing concepts and explores the importance of re-connecting to the land. Learners will spend time getting to know native plants and learning about their uses as well as exploring resources from the sea, weather permitting. There will also be an opportunity over the weekend to taste some native plant remedies.
Discover and learn:
- The philosophy of Maori medicine
- The role of relationships in healing
- Other Maori healing concepts
- How healing the landscape heals the people
- ABC’s of Maori plant medicines (including making and tasting)
What to bring:
Packed lunch & drink, camera, walking shoes, notebook
This course is subsidised by TEC funding for NZ citizens and permanent residents which requires commitment to attend the full course.
Enrol on website