Power Tools 101: Garden Planters & In-ground Worm Farms
- Whare Koa Māngere Community House
141 Robertson Road, Māngere East
Auckland + Google Map
About this Event
Proudly brought to you by Community Matters as part of EcoFest!
Create a great-looking and functional planter box from reclaimed wood in this Power Tools 101 workshop and create an in-ground worm farm from upcycled materials.
While creating, you will also learn how to safely use tools and our experienced tutor will provide tips to help you get started on your creative projects.
You will leave with a beautiful planter box and an in-ground worm farm.
Tools that will be covered in this workshop are:
- Jig saw
- Power drill
There will be a health and safety briefing at the start of the workshop to inform participants of safety precautions before we begin using tools.
All participants must wear covered shoes and non-flowing (tight-ish!) clothing. Some work may be outdoors, so please bring a sun hat and sunscreen.
The workshop will provide the following
- Health and safety briefing.
- Step-by-step use of all tools
- Where to extend yourself for tools 102
- Personal attention where required
* Please note children are not able to attend with parents due to health and safety requirements.
* * Please note that you need to arrive on time for the health and safety briefing to be able to take part in the rest of the class.
The ReCreators are on a mission to show the world how to reduce and reuse our natural resources. It’s easy, fun, creative, and sustainable. Join us on our journey.
Places are limited so book your place NOW. Don’t miss out!
Cost an issue?
Is the price of this ticket an issue? Please get in touch with [email protected] who can help you.
Please register for this event using the below link: