Te Tiriti o Waitangi with Tangata Tiriti
About this Event
A participatory workshop to learn more about Te Tiriti.
Join us to learn more about:
- How we connect to Te Tiriti as people from many backgrounds
- The political context leading to a declaration in 1835 and a treaty in 1840
- What the signatories agreed
- A history of colonisation: Crown actions and Māori resistance
- Matike Mai: a future vision for Aotearoa
- What Te Tiriti means today: next steps for individuals and organisations
A commitment to attend the entire day of the workshop is expected.
This workshop is subsidised by the TEC.
Enrol on website