Wooden Furniture Restoration – Four Session Workshop
About this Event
Come and join us to learn the skill of furniture upcycling and restoration. All materials and tools will be provided in the cost of the workshops, and you will get to bring in your small, simple projects to work on over the four-week period.
Week 1: Learn the 4 stages of wooden furniture restoration, Strip, Sand, Stain, Seal. We will go through all the tools and products. Finally, we will discuss breaks, cracks and bora. Start work on individual projects.
Week 2-4: Continue working on projects including staining, painting and sealing.
Places are limited so don’t miss out!
- You need to arrive at this workshop for the beginning of class and the health and safety briefing to be able to take part in the rest of the class.
- Children are not able to attend with guardians due to health and safety requirements.
- Please bring a small and simple piece of furniture. You will need to take your furniture home at the end of each session. Please note for learning purposes do not start on something large and complex.
- Please bring your own rubber gloves and face mask.
- All participants must wear covered shoes and non-flowing clothing (tight-ish!). Some work may be outdoors, please wear a sun hat and sunscreen if required.
- Please wear old clothes and bring a water bottle and snacks.
- There will be no class on Easter Sunday, 31 March
You can park at the public parking at the neighboring Western Springs Garden community hall. This is a big public car park.
Proudly brought to you by Community Matters and The ReCreators, who are on a mission to show the world how to reduce and reuse our natural resources. It’s easy, fun, creative, and sustainable. Join us on our journey.
Please register via Humanitix. Note the ticket cost covers all four workshops.